The 944 is a subsystem of the 900 Door Control System. It includes two parts, the 945 Fire Exit Door Control and the 946 Fire Door Display. The 944 system prevents unauthorized use of fire exits by delaying the opening of the fire door, allowing time for a guard to determine if an emergency exits.
AES 945 Fire Door Control Module
Operation: When the “crash bar” at the fire exit is pushed, a delay timer begins to count down. During the delay period, the guard can check the door in question via CCTV or intercom to confirm that an emergency exists. Using the 945 Door Control at the control post, the guard can either release the door or keep it locked. The delay period is adjustable from 5 to 20 seconds to suit applications and local regulations. If the operator does not act, the door is unlocked automatically at the end of the delay period.
Lighted Push Switch:
- Push switch to extend (reset) the timer function;
- Green lamp indicates door is secured;
- Amber lamp flashes to indicate timer is running: and glows steadily when the timer runs out
and the lock is released
- Red lamp indicates door is open
Guarded Toggle Switch:
- Guarded UP position provides unconditional release, overriding the fire exit timer and the 910 Emergency lock up module.
- Center position is normal, secured status
- Down position releases the lock
946 Fire Exit Door Display
The 946 Display is mounted adjacent to the fire exit door, and works in combination with a 945 Fire Door Control at the control post. An audible and visual display annunciates lock status at the fire exit. When someone attempts to leave through the fire exit, the display beeps and flashes, instructing the person to wait. The display indicates when the door is unlocked, instructing the person to open the door. A keyswitch on the 946 releases the door, overriding all locks and controls.
- Green lamp indicates door is locked.
- Amber lamp:
- Flashes to acknowledge that “crash bar” has been pushed, and indicates person must wait for lock to release
- Steady indicates lock is released, and door may be opened.
- Red lamp indicates door is open.
- Buzzer sounds when “crush bar” is pushed, and silences when door is opened.
- Keyswitch for unconditional release of lock.
Two “back” boxes are included with the 946 Fire Exit Display:
- One flush mount / in-wall, 4-gang electrical box; and
- One surface mount box, finished in black powder coat. Approximate size is 8.25’W x 4.75’H x 3.8’D (21x12x9.7cm).
- AES 944 Fire Door Package, Includes 945 and 946
- AES 945 Fire Door Control Module*
- AES 946 Fire Door Display*
*included in 944 package, or available separately.